Monday, July 27, 2015



I had a dream the other night.  I was in Spain, the smells, the sights, the feelings were all so vivid.  I walked along the palace and heard the man playing the crystal cups, the headless man walked with his cape and cane.  I could feel the uneven ground under my feet and my heart racing.  This was somewhere new to me, I was lost in a city I've never been to or thought much of.  I held a map and located the gondola, not before stopping for pancakes.  I grabbed a beer on the way back to the apartment.  I stopped at the botanical gardens.  The sky was blue, there was a chill in the air, I was 24, I was tired but I was excited. 

It's funny that we dream of random things.  I never cared for my trip to Spain nor did I care for the company I travels with.  Well perhaps at the time it was suitable and I had fun, but the company could have been much better.  I don't dream often but lately my dreams have been flooding my mind in my waking state.  I think about them a lot, what they mean, why do we dream and why does it affect us so heavily.  Perhaps I dreamed of Spain purely because I was reminded of it?  Perhaps I have been having these nightmares not because they are premonitions but because they are my fears.  

Any way, I've been losing sleep over my dreams and nightmares and have decided to share it here.

I'll leave my blog with a question.

If a dream is just a dream then why do I feel so strongly in them and about them, more than my waking life even?

xx
P

No comments:

Post a Comment