Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday


My day started off by making Alan coffee and sending him off to work (not pictured here).  I then began my morning routine by sticking Pia in her high chair and let her watch me cook breakfast.  I sometimes pretend we're on a cooking show and Pia laughs while I pretend.  Then I spend about an hour and a half to an hour coaxing her into finishing her gourmet omelette normally accompanied by a fruit, which I call dessert.  

After she finished her dessert I noticed some raspberries getting really soft.  So I had Pia pick them and throw them into a small bowl.  I then mashed them up, added some coconut water, some apple juice & some cherry juice.  I pulled out the empty ice cube tray, filled it with the red liquid, wrapped it up and cut very small slits for the Popsicle sticks to sit in.  I had to cut the big sticks down because Pia does better with a larger surface area.  You probably want to make very small slits when sticking the Popsicle sticks into the plastic wrap because you want them to stay verticle (otherwise gravity will knock them over).  They're now in the freezer and should be almost ready for our afternoon picnic.

I then started sweeping up because I've been meaning to steam clean the floors.

This is the state of our floor, well was the state.  It was sticky and dirty and driving me crazy.  Finally after 15 minutes of my ultimate favorite chore the floors feel, look and are amazing!

Pia is still asleep, I wouldn't be making this post otherwise.  Wish me luck on trying to finish the dishes before Alan gets home!  More to come!

xx
P.

The raspberry Popsicles didn't fly with Pia, so I ended up just making coconut ones which she loved.  She's currently been running a fever all day but has been in good spirits! I'm hoping she's feeling better tomorrow.  Tonight should be a rough one, I wish I could take the pain for her.  Such a tough little tiny person!

No comments:

Post a Comment